Tuesday 24 February 2015

Book Review // Sleep Tight - Rachel Abbott





I would love for there to be an interested reason to why I chose this book to read, but I just really needed something new, and something unlike my usual choice of story. 
This particularly jumped at me being described as a 'tight suspense novel full of twists and turns' - it was a no brainer being light years away from my normal romantic comedies that line my shelf.

And I cannot agree more, I literally couldn't put the book down and the thought of going back to work and not being able to read it panicked me so much I finished it. In just one weekend.

Olivia Brookes doesn't quite hold the perfect life it would seem, and after a series of tragedies throughout her life, she disappears. Gone, along with her three children. As the plot slowly unravels you will be thrown from suspect to suspect - and I was sure at one point I was to blame!!

I guarantee you will not guess the twist in the end, and I guarantee you will spend the whole read on the edge of your seat, and the need to know what has happened to this poor woman will consume you!!

I loved the connection that I felt with the character Olivia, she is definitely believable and the overwhelming need and want to protect her is something else all together.

This was a really super read, I had not heard of Rachel Abbott before, but seeing she has a 'Number One Bestselling' status, and my new crave for thrilling crime novels I will be investing in some more of her books very soon!

"It is one of those books that holds you hostage and is hard to put down until the end" – Confessions of a Reader

"Rachel Abbott will keep you guessing long into the night and just as soon as you’ve figured it out...think again!”- Suspense Magazine 

xx

1 comment: